Re: .mu proposed model

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 07:11:30 -0700

Hi Logan,
At 06:45 25-03-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>I read the draft concerning the proposed model. I don't quite agree
>with the idea of having paid board members.
>
>I think that it will create competition for board membership, and
>ultimately, this may not be in the best interest when it comes to
>decision making for the .mu.
>
>I think that it's better that we have unpaid membership for the board,
>given the attempts at minimizing the initial budget. I'm not sure that
>it's the right way forward.

I assume that you are referring to the following text in the draft:

   "Fees are be paid that are at a level to attract and retain board members
    of suitable caliber. There is a need to ensure that the governance of .mu
    is in the hands of people who have the standards of ability and character
    to carry out the functions and will spend the time required to fully
    consider the issues."

Will it be possible to attract members of suitable caliber in
Mauritius if the persons are not given any compensation?

I assume that you agree with the rest of the draft.