Re: .mu proposed model

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 17:45:29 +0400

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 1:26 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please see the following drafts about the .mu proposed model:
>
> http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/mu-selectcomiittee-public-consultation-final.pdf
> http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/mu-selectcomiittee-proposal-18032015.doc
> http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/mu-governance-model-26022015.doc
>
> I would like to have your opinion about what is being proposed.

Hi SM,

I read the draft concerning the proposed model. I don't quite agree
with the idea of having paid board members.

I think that it will create competition for board membership, and
ultimately, this may not be in the best interest when it comes to
decision making for the .mu.

I think that it's better that we have unpaid membership for the board,
given the attempts at minimizing the initial budget. I'm not sure that
it's the right way forward.

--
This message is strictly personal and the opinions expressed do not
represent those of my employers, either past or present.