Re: .mu update (was: Difference between someone who works)

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 21:08:55 +0400

> My estimate of the costs is three million rupees. It would require
> avoiding a telecommunications-oriented approach. The estimated costs is
> very low; it can be a problem if something goes wrong.

​Precisely, I could have kept a miscellaneous row to cater for unpredicted
events.​

> The (estimated) salary for three persons would be around two million
> rupees. It would cost another two million rupees to train those persons.

​I kept in mind that the persons would know the technologies and understand
DNS, as well as be committed to further enhance their ​knowledge for work
purposes. I have worked on high-traffic architectures that involved DNS
nameservers and it did not require Rs 2M worth training. If the cost of
training would be so high, I guess foreign companies would not want to
outsoure business continuity operations to Mauritius.

> I don't know whether the number of active domain names can be multiplied
> by five.

​That is why you need people who are not just "technical" but can also sell
.mu as a hot cake :-)​

> The template assumes that the employees will be able to fix problems once
> they start the work. If you are not sure whether that can be done you
> will have to add another million rupees to the estimated costs.

​If I am not sure of someone able to fix problems on his/her own, I would
not want to spend Rs 1M on him/her.

*- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.*
* |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|*

*https://twitter.com/IshSookun <https://twitter.com/IshSookun> ^^ Do you