Re: .mu update (was: Difference between someone who works)

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 14:07:35 -0700

Hi Ish, Logan,
At 13:06 20-03-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>Nope buddy. The first year, you paid for hardware, consultancy +
>implentation & training (handing over). The recurrent caters for the
>people having been trained to look after. That's what is summed up
>in the cost breakdown.
>
>Consultancy & training fees are not recurrent. That is where the job
>of the "people having written a proposal" ends :-)

Please see http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/mu-registry-cost-breakdown-proposal.doc

The cost of consultancy and training is estimated at Rs
2,800,000. The one-off cost of a competent developer customising the
software is Rs 3,000,000. That Rs 5,800,000 is what you will be
asked to spend.

At 13:18 20-03-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>I don't ask for payment when I am helping :-)

I understood that. :-)

>I mentioned the payment for work, which I clarified as being
>"applications setup" if ever I am sollicited for.

I cannot ask you to spend more than a few hours a week for to work
for free even if you are helping me as I would be taking advantage of you.

>Seriously. That breakdown isn't worth consideration without a proper
>detailed roadmap.

I can comment about the breakdown without reading a proper detailed
roadmap. :-)

>I was referring to "human resources" in particular to clarify that
>the one writing a proposal might not necessarily be the one running
>the server year after year.

The problem with a roadmap is that you are going to add a million for
each important component. You will end up with a project estimate of
around ten million rupees. I have looked at the breakdown of the costs.

You are both working in information technology. Have you worked on
any project which went according to the plan you were given?

Based on your experience, how much would this project cost?