RE: Mauritius Police to trace IP Address

From: Irshaad Abdool <irshaad_abd_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 23:23:56 +0400

Hi SM;
I did some research on YouTube itself, in its Policy statements and similar documents and found these:
[1] Information we shareWe do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Google unless one of the following circumstances applies: ...For legal reasonsWe will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Google if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Google, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.

[2] - In a link to reporting cases of Defamation; a drop-down list asks for the 'Country of the Dispute'. When Mauritius was selected; the following paragraph appeared.
YouTube.com is governed by U.S. law.Because we are not in a position to adjudicate the truthfulness of postings, we do not remove video postings due to allegations of defamation. Consistent with Section 230(c) of the Communications Decency Act, we recommend that you pursue any claims you may have directly against the person who posted the content. If you choose to pursue legal action against the content creator, note that we may be prepared to comply with any order requiring the content creator to remove the posting in question.In cases where the uploader is anonymous, we can provide you with user information, pursuant to a valid third-party subpoena or other appropriate legal process naming Google Inc.If there is a court order that involves content posted to www.youtube.com you may foward this via mail to the following address: YouTube, Inc., Attn Legal Support, 901 Cherry Ave., Second Floor, San Bruno, CA 94066.

[1] - https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy[2] - https://www.youtube.com/reportingtool/defamation?rd=1
Regards;

M Irshaad Abdoolwww.irshaad.me | www.blog.irshaad.mefacebook.com/abdoolirshaad