Re: patriotic feelings or nationalisim?

From: Mohammad Nadim <nadim.attari_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 23:37:55 +0400

On 19 March 2015 at 17:05, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> Hi Ronny, Jochen,
> At 10:16 18-03-2015, Ronny R. wrote:
>
>> I have been reading about our NO NEED of foreign consultants and so on.
>>
>> Even though, i quite agree with it, i only wanted to say:
>>
>> Who is the lead in organising the DEVCON MRU?
>>

> I assume that Jochen was organising the conference. I don't view Jochen
> as a foreign consultant as he lives in Mauritius. I view a local business
> as a business which is in Mauritius and which hires people residing in
> Mauritius.
>
> If the choice was between hiring you and someone from India, who should be
> hired? Supporting people and businesses in Mauritius is not about
> feelings. It is about fostering an environment where Jochen can run a
> profitable business and where you can get a job.
>
> I'll ask Jochen the following question: does Mauritius need to hire an
> ICANN Board member as a consultant to be able to fix the .mu problem?

Hello,

The question was asked to Jochen, but I want to answer too.

First of all what is the difference between someone who works at ICANN and
someone who works at IETF or AfriNIC ?

Can someone who works at IETF or AfriNIC and is competent in the field do
the job ? That is fix the .mu problem ?

What if we have competent Mauritians, who also work at IETF or AfriNIC, who
can solve the .mu problem ? Do we still need someone from outside Mauritius
?

I believe we should let competent Mauritians solve the problem. I don't
mind letting any competent foreigner too, but he/she must been living in
Mauritius for a couple of years at least (either working or running a
business here in Mauritius).

Regards,
Nadim Attari