Re: patriotic feelings or nationalisim?

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 06:05:46 -0700

Hi Ronny, Jochen,
At 10:16 18-03-2015, Ronny R. wrote:
>I have been reading about our NO NEED of foreign consultants and so on.
>
>Even though, i quite agree with it, i only wanted to say:
>
>Who is the lead in organising the DEVCON MRU?

I assume that Jochen was organising the conference. I don't view
Jochen as a foreign consultant as he lives in Mauritius. I view a
local business as a business which is in Mauritius and which hires
people residing in Mauritius.

If the choice was between hiring you and someone from India, who
should be hired? Supporting people and businesses in Mauritius is
not about feelings. It is about fostering an environment where
Jochen can run a profitable business and where you can get a job.

I'll ask Jochen the following question: does Mauritius need to hire
an ICANN Board member as a consultant to be able to fix the .mu problem?