Re: .mu update

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 18:04:57 +0400

> I agree that the measures do look like the bank trying to stay on the safe
> side. I would have to analyze this before giving you a good answer.

​Thank you. I'll wait for your analysis :-) ​

>> No. Although there has been discussions about .mu over the years there
> is very little written or public information about the matter.

​How can Internet users contribute if something is kept "secret"? Are
Internet users of Mauritius considered as stakeholders?​

> Thanks for the comments. It might be useful if you also look at .mu as a
> domain name which you would use in future and see whether the plan for that
> future is reliable. I would like to see the problem solved in a way where
> we won't have to have major concerns about it in, for example, five years
> time. It is not be a good idea to have a disastrous disaster recovery
> plan. :-)

​Planning a .mu usage right now means an annual investment of Rs 2000 just
for a human-readable to numerical address conversion. I struggle to keep
things simple and efficient. If in 2015 we, Mauritians, residents of a
Cyber-Island, are asked to pay Rs 2K to assert our Mauritian identity on
the web, sorry but we're doing something wrong. Either we fix it or we
accept the situation saying nothing can be done. Maybe at some point in
time we will then call some foreign expertise to solve it, help us bring
down the .mu price. Nope. I can't digest that. We fix it first, then I will
buy a .mu domain. I don't buy broken stuffs. If someone still wants to sell
me .mu for Rs 2K, he/she should make it worth that sum.

*- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.*
* |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|*

*https://twitter.com/IshSookun <https://twitter.com/IshSookun> ^^ Do you
tweet?*