Re: .mu update

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 08:02:49 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 07:04 17-03-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>How can Internet users contribute if something is kept "secret"? Are
>Internet users of Mauritius considered as stakeholders?

It is not possible for users to contribute when everything is, by
default, a secret. I don't like the term "stakeholders" as the users
are generally excluded from that.

>Planning a .mu usage right now means an annual investment of Rs 2000
>just for a human-readable to numerical address conversion. I
>struggle to keep things simple and efficient. If in 2015 we,
>Mauritians, residents of a Cyber-Island, are asked to pay Rs 2K to
>assert our Mauritian identity on the web, sorry but we're doing
>something wrong. Either we fix it or we accept the situation saying
>nothing can be done. Maybe at some point in time we will then call
>some foreign expertise to solve it, help us bring down the .mu
>price. Nope. I can't digest that. We fix it first, then I will buy a
>.mu domain. I don't buy broken stuffs. If someone still wants to
>sell me .mu for Rs 2K, he/she should make it worth that sum.

I am not going to pay Rs 2000 for a domain name. What if you tell me
to accept the situation and say that nothing can be done? I cannot
remember when last I did that. :-) Did any of that foreign expertise
help over the last 14 years? Where were all those foreign
organisations when the .mu problems occurred? Why can't people in
Mauritius fix the problem? Are we incompetent?