Re: Technology

From: <jheengut_sagar_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 08:34:58 +0400

On Saturday, March 14, 2015 05:22:40 AM S Moonesamy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> At 06:38 12-03-2015, jheengut_sagar_at_yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> >I'm sure some people in USA will be mad at that product because it
> >will only fuel their theory that apple will control YOU.

This was meant as a pun to existing crazy ``theorye de complot``.

> If I had access to technology which could notify me when my safety is
> at risk I would use that technology. I do not look at technology
> through an open source prism.

I do not like technology that I cannot control, understand, predict and
modify. That is the reason FLOSS is the only option for me.

> I am aware of the privacy implications
> as I have been doing privacy reviews and writing about privacy since
> several years.

We are all actively laboring against privacy issues.

> There is a news article at
> http://www.defimedia.info/live-news/item/69491-drame-en-mer-quatre-per
> sonnes-tombent-d-un-catamaran-une-femme-retrouvee-morte.html There
> isn't any warning about high waves at
> http://metservice.intnet.mu/warning-bulletin-heavy-swell-warning.php

How is it my fault there is no warning. I'm paid to maintain the
infrastructure. People are dying every second, I cannot stop that and I
do not care but if they cannot take simple precautions they are to
blame.

Another point of view is that if they are apple product users, those
drowned people would be alive by now. But the apple products are
waterproof, only the sony xperia phones are and the samsung s5.

Most people are easy to fool in the name of anything they believe.
That's how some companies make profit. I was reading that a pastor( I
only know louis pasteur) asked his infidels to donate at least $300 to
buy him a private jet airplane only to spread his
words/lectures/whatever sound that comes from his mouth.
Using video conference that would save them miilions of profit but his
infidels would not suggest that but decide to pay him instead.