RE: Inquiry about Illegal Access to Digital Content

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 21:13:11 -0700

Dear Ms Gunglee,

It would be up to the courts to calculate the damage. I don't recall
reading about any case where it has been done. In another country
the estimate is based on lost revenue where one of the variables is
the number of copies which would have resulted in a sale. I could
not find a reference to a court case about that.

I don't think you are wrong. It is a matter of arguing the case. I
suggest discussing about this with a professor of law as the person
might be able to provide you with some research information to find
out how such cases are usually handled.