RE: Project owner for .mu

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 03:27:29 -0700

Hi Irshaad,
At 12:32 07-03-2015, Irshaad Abdool wrote:
>Regarding the .mu itself, it must be managed by an Independent
>organisation; not-profit or not.. I dunno. But, maybe as we have
>MCML (Multi-Carrier Mauritius Limited) managing the radio-spectrum
>in Mauritius and responsible for the relaying and broadcasting of
>radio transmission, .mu should be in some way managed in a similar
>manner. As SM said,

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

 From what you wrote I understand that you would not disagree to
having an organisation which makes a profit, e.g. 50% of the price of
a domain name as its profit.

 From
http://www.multi-carrier.net/English/Company%20Status/Pages/About-MCML.aspx

   "MCML is wholly owned by the Government of Mauritius and operates under
    the aegis of the Prime Minister's Office. The Board of Directors
    includes representatives from the Prime Minister's Office, the
    Ministry of Finance and Economic Development and the Ministry of
    Information and Communication Technologies."

Would you agree to having an company similar to the above to manage .mu?