Re: Facebook post: Internet in Mauritius

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 07:52:16 -0800

Hi Ish,
At 03:36 05-03-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>I find it ridiculous at a level when I see people behaving in this
>way. I've had discussions with many people and asked them if they
>know about "Mauritius Internet Users Group". Some answered yes,
>they've read/seen it in my posts. I then asked if they're subscribed
>to the list, to which they replied no. I finally asked if they would
>have signed the "Avaaz" petition, and they said most probably yes.

This is a screenshot of the online petition:
http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/avaaz-org-google-fiber.png I did an
offline search. The result was that there isn't any person in
Mauritius with a name similar to the one who created the
petition. There is a person from Canada who signed the petition. I
also noticed a person from Australia signing the petition.

The person who created the petition did not ask Emtel or other
licensed ISPs in Mauritius. to roll out Fiber. Does that mean that
the average consumer in Mauritius does not believe that those ISPs
would be able to sell them the internet access they are looking
for? The online petition could be read as showing that the consumers
still has a positive opinion of Orange MT as they would like that
company to provide solutions. Would you invest money in an ISP which
the consumers do not like?