RE: Comparing ADSL Home and MyT

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 00:08:33 -0800

Dear Sir,

I sent an email to Mauritius Telecom Ltd on 16 January about its
explanation for the comparison between ADSL Home and MyT. I
unfortunately haven't received any reply yet.

I compared the following internet access offers from your company:

   1. ADSL Home 1 M

   2. My.T 1 M

   3. My.T 10 Mbps

The first two product are advertised as unlimited [1][2] whereas the
last one [3] has a monthly volume allowance of 50 GB. At 1 Mbps, a
0.44 GB file can be downloaded in one hour. If a Fair Usage policy
is not applied the subscriber can download 316.8 GB in a month. With
the third offer the subscriber can download 357.12 GB in a month.

The cost incurred for the pay-TV offer was around Rs 150 (VAT
inclusive). That would explain the price difference between ADSL 1 M
and My.T 1 Mbps. However, I could not find any explanation for
difference between the two first products and the My.T 10 Mbps product.

Is there an explanation as to why consumers who choose the basic
residential fixed-line internet access product (ADSL 1M) that would
exclude pay-TV are not disadvantaged?

1. http://www.orange.mu/internet/adsl-home.php
2. http://myt.orange.mu/internet/internet-myt.php
3. http://myt.orange.mu/lafibre/