Re: Multi-Stakeholder Forum

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 10:50:40 +0400

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 5:57 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I attended a meeting of the Multi-Stakeholder Forum this afternoon. The
> meeting was chaired by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of
> Technology, Communication and Innovation. The people in attendance were
> asked to introduced themselves as there were some new persons attending this
> meeting. There were officials from the Ministry, the National Computer
> Board, the Government Online Centre, representatives from Mauritius Telecom
> and Data Communications Limited, the Vice-President of the local Chapter of
> the Internet Society, and Benoit Gentil who is a local .mu registrar. The
> manager of the .mu ccTLD registry was at the Ministry. However, he did not
> attend the meeting.

Let me take this opportunity to publicly thank SM for working so hard
to save our National identity online. As we are all aware, the .mu
fiasco has negatively impacted our reputation in the region as a
national ICT hub and caused many potential investors to re-consider
their choices whether to open businesses in Mauritius.

I view this as one of the first steps towards rectifying the extensive
damage done to our country. I believe that SM, as one of IANA's
Trusted Community Representatives, is the most suitable person to lead
this initiative. It is worth mentioning that IANA's list of TCR,
includes well-known figures in the DNS/TLD communities such as Dan
Kaminsky and Olaf Kolkman. This by itself, is an indication of his
strong expertise.