Re: Multi-Stakeholder Forum

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 18:54:27 +0400

Hello SM,

Thank you for the summary & thumbs up for taking the initiative in
strengthening the local Internet users community.

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 5:57 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

> There were officials from the Ministry, the National Computer Board, the
> Government Online Centre, representatives from Mauritius Telecom and Data
> Communications Limited, the Vice-President of the local Chapter of the
> Internet Society, and Benoit Gentil who is a local .mu registrar. The
> manager of the .mu ccTLD registry was at the Ministry. However, he did not
> attend the meeting.

​I could not catch up with emails the past few weeks though I read them
quickly. However, I don't seem to have received any email from ISOC
Mauritius and the VP's ​participation.

This intrigues me. For quite some time I've been dubious about the
operations of ISOC Mauritius since there is no communication & it appears
like being run by a closed-group of people rather than really representing
an "Internet Society" of Mauritius.

I have CC'ed folks from ISOC-MU just to flag this & trigger better
communication.

*- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.*
* |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|*

*https://twitter.com/IshSookun <https://twitter.com/IshSookun> ^^ Do you