Request for Open Data

From: Sandeep Ramgolam <sandeep_at_ramgolam.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 11:11:17 +0400

Hello Sir/Madam,

I followed the information on your website[1] about request for climate
data and found this email address.

I would like to know if Mauritius Meteorological Services provides
recent weather data for free in an open format?
That would hopefully be in line with the Open Data
Initiative [2] [3] announced by the goverment a few years ago.

I am specifically looking for a similar type of data available on the
myT weather app, which they indicate is from your office[4].

I would be grateful if you could point me in the correct direction to
access these data sets.

Reason for request of data

I am a Mauritian Developer who builds small open source projects about
interesting things on the island in good faith as it helps other people
and allows me to use my skills in a creative and useful manner.
I would like to build a small weather application, personal non-
commercial project, to experiment with weather data available for
Mauritius.

In a slightl more technical term, JSON data would be ideal, but any
other accesible and open format would also be welcome.

You can see a few of my existing projects below :

Mauritius Sea Cables -
https://mrsunshyne.github.io/mauritius-sea-cable/
Maurtius Fuel Prices - https://mauritius-fuel-prices.netlify.app/
Mauritius Internet Prices -
 https://mauritius-internet-prices.netlify.app/
Mauritius Covid-19 Tracker - https://covid19.ramgolam.com/

All of which are open-source projects where the data and the code are
made freely and publicly accessible under fair use.

I am CC'ing the Mauritius Internet Users mailing list for transparency
and Mr R. Hawabhay who had been involved in previous open data
discussions.

Best Regards and In Good Faith
RAMGOLAM Sandeep
Software Engineer