Request for information on incident affecting whatismyip.com in Mauritius

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 18:37:11 +0400

Dear Ms Vallurupalli,

On 2 May 2021, many Internet users from Mauritius reported [2] that when
visiting whatismyip.com their traffic was being routed via a Netsweeper
proxy in Netherlands. The IP addresses that were affected are:

    104.27.194.88
    104.27.195.88

As per ARIN WHOIS data, 104.16.0.0/12 is assigned to Cloudflare.

The ICT Authority of Mauritius shared an incident response [1] by
Netsweeper on 4 May 2021.

Netsweeper said that whatismyip.com shares the same IP address as
another site that had been recently published on the Internet Watch
Foundation's list [3] of webpages with CSA content.

I am writing to you to ask whether Cloudflare received any abuse report
or report on CSA material being hosted on 104.27.194.88 and
104.27.195.88. If yes, what were actions taken by Cloudflare?

I hope that for transparency [4] sake Cloudflare provides information
relating to this incident.

[1] https://www.icta.mu/docs/2021/Netsweeper%20_response_2021.pdf
[2]
https://www.lexpress.mu/article/393045/adresses-internet-en-hollande-que-sest-il-passe-netsweeper