Re: MIT Global Start-Up Labs

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 11:37:06 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 10:18 11-08-2017, Ish Sookun wrote:
>What are your thoughts on the MIT GSL program?

My comment to the instructors for future courses was to identify
problems earlier in the programme as the students were discussing
about the same things without achieving much. The students made
significant progress between the technical mixer to which I was
invited and demo day.

The programme highlighted that the students had difficulties working
as a team and that the initial ideas for starting a business were
unrealistic. There was a communication issue, e.g. the survey was
not done correctly. The emphasis on "beachhead market" and "total
addressable market" caused a push for a theoretical approach instead
of one which was adapted to the reality in Mauritius.