Re: Panne sur le cāble SAFE

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 00:11:55 -0700

Hi Patrice,
At 23:26 17-07-2017, Patrice Donzelot wrote:
>Avez-vous de derničres nouvelles concernant la
>panne? Comment expliquer que malgré une
>connexion de 15ms de ping, 12.63 Mbps de
>download et 2.49 Mbps d'upload selon
>speedtest.net, je ne puisse pas ouvrir un mail
>sur gmail.com, et que des sites tels
>facebook.com par exemple ne s'ouvrent pas ?

There were two cable cuts. A ship is scheduled
to try and repair one of the SAT-3 cable cuts on 21 July.

The Speedtest server is usually on the same
network as your ISP. The latency (e.g. 15 ms of
ping), and download and upload speeds do not
reflect actual the speed when you open an email
on gmail.com. If you run the following test:
https://www.measurementlab.net/tools/ndt/ you
will get results which are different from the Speedtest ones.

The latency to gmail.com from my side is
currently around 180 ms. Access to email hosted
on gmail.com does not seem slow. Your user
experience seems different as there might be
congestion on the links between the Emtel network and gmail.com.

Could you please visit
https://www.facebook.com/diagnostics/ and send me
the results? From my side, the connection
quality is currently rated as "MODERATE".