Re: Introduction

From: CHITTESH SHAM <chittesh.sham_at_umail.uom.ac.mu>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 21:53:49 +0400

Hi SM,

Thanks for sharing :)
IMO Chatbots are at an early stage at the moment, but this doesn't stops
them from implementing ambitious projects in the education sector [1] and
enterprise solutions [2].

I think we are still very far from having a human-like conversation with a
chatbot as natural language processing is not enough and current chatbots
are built around a specific context.
what i've learnt from (https://blog.intercom.com/desi
gning-half-of-a-conversation/ ) chatbots can be made better either by:

   1. having more input data fed into the bot (facial expression, voice
   tone)
   2. building complex scripts in an attempt to create personalities

I do believe that chatbots have great potentials and can be implemented in
different sectors in creative ways (at this stage, especially in marketing
and business solutions)
but lets see how the technology progresses in the future :-)

Sincerely,
Chittesh Sham.
[1]
https://chatbotsmagazine.com/six-ways-a-i-and-chatbots-are-changing-education-c22e2d319bbf