Re: Blockchain in Mauritius

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2017 01:02:07 -0700

Hi Suyash,
At 06:04 22-06-2017, Suyash Sumaroo wrote:
>I wanted to know your views about the future of Blockchain in
>Mauritius. As a technology, it provides a lot of opportunities but
>can we really take advantage of this technology, especially in the
>public sector.

There has been the usual conference in Mauritius about
Blockchain. Given the history of the public sector with ideas which
are new to the island, it would probably take several years or a
decade for a government agency to take advantage of the technology.

When it comes to Blockchain, the problem is not in the public
sector. I haven't heard of businesses on the island actually using
Blockchain. Is there a need for that technology?

I read your blog article. How could Mauritius become a hub for Blockchain?