Re: Open Data initiative in Mauritius

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 21:03:21 +0400

Hi SM,

On 17/05/17 21:30, S Moonesamy wrote:
> The issue is that I do not have any results to show for the talks which
> have occurred over the last three years. Furthermore, there isn't any
> publicly accessible document about the Open Data initiative in
> Mauritius. Is it worthwhile to invest more free time and effort in Open
> Data in Mauritius? I will wait two more months before answering that
> question.

There is a lack of engagement with the community. Would you say
community, association and group are the same? The little experience
I've had pushes me to believe the ministry would not consider an
individual's idea/comment/suggestion if he has no affiliation.

> I heard people talking about social media during today's workshop. Is
> there anyone from the Ministry of Technology, Communication and
> Innovation on Twitter?

Apart from _at_PresidentMtius I know no other state presence on Twitter. I
do not know of any officer from the Ministry of TCI to be active on
Twitter. I know of one board member of the ICT Authority who used to
parrot on Facebook but since a while he too has gone radio silent.