Open Data initiative in Mauritius

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 10:30:33 -0700

Hi Ish, Rajnish,

I read the blog article about "Big Data for Big Impact" (
https://hacklog.mu/big-data-for-big-impact/ ). I'll comment about
the Open Data part. We have been talking about Open Data since
2014. Rajnish mentioned a National Open Data Policy (2016). There
isn't any document about that on the web site of the Ministry of
Technology, Communication and Innovation. "Engaging with the
community" was listed on one of the slides presented by Rajnish. He
mentioned that there will be a workshop on Monday about Open
Data. There isn't any information about that workshop on the web site.

The issue is that I do not have any results to show for the talks
which have occurred over the last three years. Furthermore, there
isn't any publicly accessible document about the Open Data initiative
in Mauritius. Is it worthwhile to invest more free time and effort
in Open Data in Mauritius? I will wait two more months before
answering that question.

I heard people talking about social media during today's
workshop. Is there anyone from the Ministry of Technology,
Communication and Innovation on Twitter?