Re: On my internet rollercoaster

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 08:00:13 -0700

Hi Emmanuel,
At 02:07 13-05-2017, EMMANUEL MATHIEU ROLAND CALOTTE wrote:
>That's about it for my experience with internet in Mauritius. I hope
>you weren't bored. I'm certainly not the only one with internet
>issues but I think I've had plenty already. Did any of you have it worse?

Not over here. I sent an email about the last issue which I
encountered:
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2017/03/6017.html

>Needless to say, I still don't have fibre, neither at home nor at my
>sister's place. Don't get me wrong, I don't want fibre optics just
>for the speed *cough* ridiculous 75GB cap *cough*, but I hoped it
>would solve issues like humidity that we have with copper wiring.
>Yet, my friends (they all have fibre by now) tell me they still get
>internet cuts at times. Is that true?

I ran a test as I wrote this message and it showed that I am getting
the advertised download speed. I did not notice any significant
latency issue on my internet connection. I don't know why your
friends are getting those "internet cuts"; I don't usually see that
happening on my internet connection.