Re: Press says Amazon dedicates a branch to Mauritians

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 14:12:40 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 09:54 17-04-2017, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>I just read the article. Unfortunately, it is still misleading to me.
>
> >Ce partenariat a été confirmé par le service
> clientèle d’amazon.fr. Notons que le Défi
> Quotidien a sollicité le service de presse de
> la branche française du géant >du commerce en
> ligne, mais nous n’avons pas reçu de réponse.
>
>I will be waiting for an answer from Amazon.fr.

I doubt that there will be an answer. I am not
sure whether the average customer in Mauritius
fully understands what the "partenaire" is about.

> >« Le certificat SSL est en cours de
> préparation. Ça pourrait prendre jusqu’à trois
> semaines. C’est la firme Geotrust Business ID
> qui s’en occupe », répond le >franco-mauricien
> Shahil Boodhoye, fondateur d’Amazon Mauritius.
>
>Does that mean that any transaction happening on
>that website will be considered as insecured?
>So, it won't be safe for me to buy an item on
>teh website yet even if is up and running?

I guess that this new thing is being viewed as
the usual e-commerce instead of a "partenaire" site.

> >Les sites partenaires ne vendent pas
> directement les produits, mais redirigent les
> clients vers Amazon. Dans le cas d’Amazon
> Mauritius, les ventes sont >complètement effectuées sur le site partenaire.
>
>So, which is which? I should not consider Amazon
>Mauritius as a partner because it does not
>redirect me to an Amazon website? Am quite confused here.

The partner site should redirect the customer to
Amazon instead of selling the product to the customer.

There are some good questions in the blog article
at https://littleshelly.me/new-online-shopping-website-amazon-mauritius-fr/