Re: Sharing of personal information (off-topic)

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 22:28:34 +0400

Hi SM,

On 04/03/2017 10:08 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> I asked an executive member of LUGM the following question: Is there
> any information about the funds available on the web site? I didn't
> receive any reply. The local tradition is not to reply to a question if
> there is a problem which has to be kept hidden. Is that the case?

I am not aware of LUGM financial matters being published. The website
lugm.org has mainly been a place to aggregate blog posts of LUGM members
and occasionally to announce events.

LUGM financial matters are discussed during the meetings of the managing
committee (MC) members. I'll let the MC know about your request for
information. However, please bear in mind that LUGM MC comprises of a
bunch of volunteers who undertake the tasks in their spare time. I will
let you know as I have some information for you.

I am copying the secretary of LUGM to keep him in the loop.

As for not replying you earlier, I did mention it to you off-list that I
was taken up and did little in replying emails that would require time
and cross-checking etc.