Re: LUGM & MIU Accusations

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2017 15:35:24 -0700

Hello,

I was contacted by the Secretary of LUGM about a twitter
message. I'll provide some background information. A week ago, I
was contacted by Mr Ramgolam to co-host a panel about web
development. One of the topics which the panel was scheduled to
discuss about was "How to face a technical interview?" In my
opinion, a discussion about that topic would be helpful to university
students as it is a step which they have to go through to be hired
for a job. Mr Ramgolam and I spent three hours going over the
details for the panel.

The panel discussion was held yesterday. During that discussion, Mr
Velvindron was given the microphone as he wanted to make a
comment. After listening to the comment for approximately ten
seconds, I decided that Mr Velvindron's comment sounded more like
marketing and that there wasn't enough time to let a person from the
audience do that. For what it is worth, I also cut off some of the
panel members and some other persons in the audience as there wasn't
sufficient time for us to cover all the topics which was scheduled
for discussion. It seems that Mr Velvindron viewed that as
censorship from the Mauritius Internet Users. I suggest that anyone
interested in the matter read the all the slides for that
session. It is highly unlikely that you will find the Mauritius
Internet Users mentioned as I did not participate as a representative
of the Mauritius Internet Users. There is a video recording of the
session. It is unlikely that you will see or hear any reference to
this group in that video.