Re: Sharing of personal information

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 07:42:51 -0700

Hi Yusuf,
At 05:29 27-03-2017, Yusuf Satar wrote:
>It is indeed common practice - to force the user to interact with
>the element rather than 'sneaking' a subtext like 'By submitting
>this form you agree
>to our terms and conditions'.
>
>However my concern here is that the privacy compromise is mandatory.

Thank you for the free advice. I doubt that the usage of that
element follows data protection principles.

I'll comment about this in terms of how it will be viewed if there is
an official complaint. A person is required to provide personal data
to a private company and allow that company to share that data with
other companies for marketing purposes, in order to attend a free
event. It could raise questions if the event is said to be for "not
for profit" purposes. There is also the question of ethics.