Re: No action against spam

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 09:47:15 +0400

Hi SM,

On 03/03/2017 12:30 AM, S Moonesamy wrote:
> [...] I don't think that it is because the absence of
> clearly defined laws as there is a Data Protection Act. As for
> "inaction from authorities", it can happen if the person making a
> complaint is not interested in following up on it.

I approached CERT-MU for advice; which I did not receive [1]. Recently,
I blogged about the « valentine's offers » and wrote to the company. The
director replied and apologized. I did not go further with the complaint.

I have not complained to the Data Protection Office regarding
unauthorized use of my email addresses in marketing campaigns. Have you
been getting spam recently? Did you complain to DPO? I'd like to know
about your experience with the DPO as mine with CERT-MU has been very
disappointing.

[1]
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2015/12/4412.html

I drink coffee and manage Linux servers for lexpress.mu.