How MT handled my service interruption.

From: Sun <s4ndeep1203_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 11:03:35 +0400

Hello Mr Sherry Singh,

On Wednesday night, an accident happened in front of my house. A van broke
a telephone pole in two.

https://www.lexpress.mu/article/298003/baie-tombeau-une-fourgonnette-percute-un-pylone

As you can see the pole blocked the entrance on the road perpendicular to
the main road.

After the incident, I still had internet connection and telephone services,
like the 10 other homes connected to the same telephone pole.

*How MT handled it from there. *

*1. *I immediately called 8900, I had to wait *7 minutes* to be able to
talk to someone. After I got connected and explained what happened, I was
told to call 8902 and press 1.

*2. *I called 8902, and listened to the annoying music for *10minutes, *before
i could talk to anyone. I was told to call 8989 because this is an
‘emergency’. Remember that this in an accident situation and i’m outdoors
all this time.

*3. *I called 8989, after *6 minutes*, the phone I got disconnected without
being able to reach anyone.

*4.* I called 8989 again, after *10minutes*, I finally got to talk to
someone, who said they will dispatch a team immediately.

*5.* The MT team arrived after more than *1 hour. *By then the fire
services and police had already cleared the area and moved the vehicle.

*6. *They wanted to cut the lines to ‘secure' the area.

Since this was my yard, and I didn’t find any danger, I successfully
convinced them to move everything in my yard, so that it’s safe, while I
still have internet. I did not trust that it would be fixed the next day.

The gentleman did that I my internet was not interrupted Wednesday night.

*7. *On Thursday at 5pm, another MT team came to fix the pole, and while
they did that, they cut the internet connection and went away. None of the
subscribers on connected to that pole had internet connection after that.

Which I find unacceptable. They broke the connection which was previously
working, and I have no idea when it will be fixed.

Will this service unavailability be reflected *automatically* on all the
bills of all the subscribers? I asked the question to _at_telecom_mu on
twitter and I was ignored.
https://twitter.com/__Sun__/status/822074280963776513

I hope you now have an idea of how your different units handle this type of
incident. We’re Friday today, and I still do not have internet at home. I
am discouraged to call your customer care because of the annoying waiting
time. I hope you can make the necessary arrangements for this to be fixed
without any further delay.

FYI I am subscribed to LaFibre 20M, I am cc’ing this email to the MIU for
transparency purposes.

A MT Customer,
RAMGOLAM Sandeep.