Qu'est-ce qu'un Hackathon?

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 11:29:47 -0700

Hi Logan,

I read your comments about "Qu'est-ce qu'un Hackathon". At
https://youtu.be/vCWZgE57pAs?t=48 you may notice that credit was
given to OpenBSD for the word "hackathon". I congratulated Vincent
as this is the first time in Mauritius where there is a programming
event with a cash prize of Rs 50,000 and it is difficult to dispute
the way the winner is chosen. A person interested in evaluating
his/her programming skills would compete in such an event.

Nowadays, there are different types of hackathons. Some of those
events provide an opportunity for job offers. It can also be a way
to determine whether a company is as good as what is published on its
"Facebook Page". :-)