Re: Grand Massine

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 09:25:14 -0700

Hi Martin,
At 08:27 16-10-2016, Martin wrote:
>I think you are mistaken and here's why.

I am okay with being mistaken. :-)

>Facebook may look silly but it really depends on what you say using
>it. Our page won't send you candy crush requests. But the main point
>is: if anyone wants to contact me, whether on behalf of a company or
>not, I will be answering the same way using a website or a social network.
>Each media has its pros and cons, but actually using fb for now
>means no startup costs at all and this is key for a humble and
>private initiative.

I don't think that Facebook looks silly. As you mentioned above it
depends on what you are using it for. I agree with what you said
about the startup costs. An initiative, even if it is a private one,
has a cost. As an example, it would take me less than an hour to set
up a simple HTML/CSS web page with basic information. I would not
bother about "candy crush" requests unless I already have the code available.

I would not send such a URL to a contact outside Mauritius. I follow
the same approach for a contact in Mauritius even if my approach
would be viewed as silly. :-)

>I have as well not a precise idea of what volume of e-waste I will
>be dealing with, but i'd better know asap if my projections are
>realistic so as to adapt my strategy.

I was not looking at that angle. Your initiative actually helps me
as you are providing me with a practical way of disposing of old hardware.