Re: Women in Technology Event in Mauritius

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2016 12:17:14 +0400

Hi SM,

On 2016-10-06 01:09, S Moonesamy wrote:

> The percentage of women participating in tech events, whether locally
> or abroad, is very low. What should be done to encourage more women
> to participate in local tech events?

It's better to listen to women about reasons that discourage or rather
not encourage them to be part of tech events than to hear the opinion of
men. I may draw an opinion on what I see but that may not be totally
correct.

Besides one more reason I feel you should participate in the WIT
conference is because a representative of Mauritius Internet Users will
be on the panel. It'll be good to be there as a support/encouragement.

I drink coffee and manage Linux servers for lexpress.mu.