Re: Information and Communication Technologies Authority licences

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 04:04:11 -0700

Hi Jean-Philippe,

I was invited to a radio show several months ago. During the
discussion, I asked a representative of the Cybercrime Unit about
whether there was a law regarding public WiFi. There wasn't any
answer to that question.

Is it legal to operate public WiFi without a licence? If there is a
legal issue, will the person or the company running that public WiFi
be in trouble? I am waiting for the answer to the question. :-)