Re: Internet Connection Tracker App

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2016 02:50:28 -0700

Hi Suyash,
At 17:07 08-08-2016, Suyash Sumaroo wrote:
>I recently worked on a free app which I wanted to share with you
>all. Since it is an utility app directly related to internet
>connection status updates, and since also, it is not a commercial
>product, I think this is the perfect platform to share.

Thanks for taking the initiative to do this free app.

>Basically, the app works the following way:
>You register in the app by specifying your village/town (for
>example, Quatre Bornes) and your connection type (MyT, ADSL, Emtel, etc.)
>When you are experiencing internet connection problems, you can use
>the app to send a status about your connection. This will in turn
>notify users in your region (same town/village) about your problem
>and will ask them to provide information if they are experiencing
>the same problems. This is done anonymously (will come to the
>privacy section below).
>Based on this interaction, you can know if the connection problem
>concerns only you or is a problem for the whole region (or whole of Mauritius).
>As you may have already realised, this is a crowdsourcing app which
>only allows you to share and get information. Where it becomes
>interesting (in my opinion) is that:
>It will allow to record statistics about the connection issues in
>Mauritius (instead or ranting on Facebook - which I usually do - ,
>we can now have a more structured approach - the rants will be
>stored in a NoSQL database, :-) )

I have not tested the app yet. It would be useful if someone else on
this mailing list could do a test and provide you with feedback. The
local approach to sharing information is to do it through
Facebook. Such an approach makes local crowdsourcing
impossible. The rants on Facebook are usually ignored. :-)