Internet Connection Tracker App

From: Suyash Sumaroo <suyash_at_codevigor.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 04:07:17 +0400

Hello everyone,

I recently worked on a free app which I wanted to share with you all. Since
it is an utility app directly related to internet connection status
updates, and since also, it is not a commercial product, I think this is
the perfect platform to share.

Basically, the app works the following way:

   - You register in the app by specifying your village/town (for example,
   Quatre Bornes) and your connection type (MyT, ADSL, Emtel, etc.)
   - When you are experiencing internet connection problems, you can use
   the app to send a status about your connection. This will in turn notify
   users in your region (same town/village) about your problem and will ask
   them to provide information if they are experiencing the same problems.
   This is done anonymously (will come to the privacy section below).
   - Based on this interaction, you can know if the connection problem
   concerns only you or is a problem for the whole region (or whole of
   Mauritius).

As you may have already realised, this is a crowdsourcing app which only
allows you to share and get information. Where it becomes interesting (in
my opinion) is that:

   1. It will allow to record statistics about the connection issues in
   Mauritius (instead or ranting on Facebook - which I usually do - , we can
   now have a more structured approach - the rants will be stored in a NoSQL
   database, :-) )
   2. The next step for me will be to open source this information via an
   API or HTML page or graph.

Privacy: In this version of the app, no personally identifiable information
is retrieved or stored. Your village/town that will be entered during the
registration will be totally anonymous. This may however change in the
future, depending on the direction of the app. If so, of course, proper
notifications will be given on the app page.

Leniency: This is an app I've been working on during my free time, so
please be lenient about the design (which is not so great) and its
functions (which are limited, to say the least). However, I welcome all
suggestions/criticisms to improve and add more functions and reports for
any bugs.

Now that you have read this long introduction, here is the link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.codevigor.icta

The name is a bit cheeky - ICTA which stands for Internet Connection
Tracker App and not for something else, but its the best name I could come
up with (yes I know - I'm really bad at find names for software).

--
Thanks & Regards,
*Suyash Sumaroo | Director*