Statistics incidents reported to CERT-MU

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2016 02:30:42 -0700

Dear Mr Usmani,

The Mauritian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-MU) publishes
the last month's statistics about incidents reports to CERT-MU at
http://cert-mu.govmu.org/English/PublishingImages/Banner/banner1.png
The definition of the word "banner" is "a heading or advertisement
appearing on a web page in the form of a bar, column, or box". It is
surprising to see a government agency in Mauritius describing that as
statistics.

There has been six phishing incidents since the beginning of this
year. The "banner1.png" image shows a type of graph in which a
circle is divided into sectors with a 2% sector for phishing. I did
some arithmetic from the information available and came up with the
following figures for monthly incidents:

   Fake accounts 18
   Hacked accounts 14
   Online harassment 6
   Sextotion 5
   Stolen pictures 2
   Compromised email accounts 1
   Unauthorised video 1
   Phishing 1

Could you please confirm whether the above figures are correct for
the month of June 2016?

The information which I have received from a few companies in
Mauritius is that there has been cases of ransomware. I was unable
to assess whether the information is correct. I searched for
statistics about ransomware in Mauritius; there wasn't any
results. Are there any statistics about ransomware?