Re: 27 km no-fly zone

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 21:31:32 +0400

Hi SM,

On 26/07/16 21:12, S Moonesamy wrote:
> I read https://hacklog.mu/mauritius-drones-27km-radius-no-fly-zone/ I
> wondered whether amateur drone pilots asked about the 15 nautical miles
> limit which was mentioned in the newspaper [1]. The zone would be as
> follows: http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/uav-not-allowed.png

Precisely, that is my point. Someone just says it's the regulation and
no one bothers to question. I am looking for the amended regulations to
seek more information.

What if the Police Press Office made a mistake and said 15 nautical
miles where instead it could be for example 1.5 nautical miles? If no
one bothers to check the facts; it might continue be the norm.