RE: New Mauritius Online Shopping Website

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 21:33:20 +0400

Hello SM,

> There is a business registration number for Je Shoppe Ltd. You can
> do a search on portalmns.mu to find out whether it is a registered
> company. You took the same steps to verify the login as a cautious
> person would. The site needs to do some changes because it can be
> provide you with the same security as ASOS.

Thank you for the link SM. Now I understand how Ish found tnat jeshoppe LTD and jeshoppe.com were registered.

> The problem in Mauritius is that it seems better to assume that it
> could be a scam because of past experience and because we don't know
> whether the Consumer Protection Unit would help us if we encounter a
> problem with the online shop.

Yes you right, we tend to be more cautious based on past experience.

> I was looking for reviews, as you did, to find out whether the online
> shop is reliable. I could not find anything about it except for what
> you wrote.

I am relying on Ish to have the first review.

> The web site states that there is cash on delivery as a payment
> option. I guess that is closer to what people are used to locally
> when an item is purchased from a street vendor. I was curious about
> the 7-day return actually works.

I think it is a good initiative for the company to go forward with the cash-on-delivery instead of putting the customer at risk when submitting his/her credit card details on the website. I am as curious as you are to see how it works.

> Thanks, it is always useful to have the information. I guess that
> the web provider is sending out mail through another company. Based
> on some of the mistakes I would say that the company is probably
> still learning about online shopping.

Yes, I think the company is still learning how to manage the online shopping website because I could see some empty sections. I personally think there is scope for people who wants to start an online shopping business in Mauritius especially is the items are worth the price.

Kind regards,
Shelly Hermia Bhujun