Re: New Mauritius Online Shopping Website

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 04:03:41 -0700

Hi Shelly, Ish,
At 09:18 20-07-2016, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>I was wondering if any one of you has heard about jeshoppe.mu ? I
>tend to be quite skeptical about companies offering the online
>shopping service or free delivery in Mauritius especially after the
>morimode incident. How do I know that jeshoppe.mu is not a scam? Can
>I check if it is a registered company online? I could not identify
>the https:// when I was creating an account. I attached two pictures
>showing what I get when I sign in on ASOS and on jeshoppe.mu

There is a business registration number for Je Shoppe Ltd. You can
do a search on portalmns.mu to find out whether it is a registered
company. You took the same steps to verify the login as a cautious
person would. The site needs to do some changes because it can be
provide you with the same security as ASOS.

The problem in Mauritius is that it seems better to assume that it
could be a scam because of past experience and because we don't know
whether the Consumer Protection Unit would help us if we encounter a
problem with the online shop.

Ish provided better information that I did as he looked into the
technical details.

>It also has a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JeShoppe.mu/
>I tried to find if there were any reviews on Google, but it was not
>available. The website does not look safe to me, am I wrong in saying that?

I was looking for reviews, as you did, to find out whether the online
shop is reliable. I could not find anything about it except for what
you wrote.

The web site states that there is cash on delivery as a payment
option. I guess that is closer to what people are used to locally
when an item is purchased from a street vendor. I was curious about
the 7-day return actually works.