Re: Bufferbloat present on Emtel wifi plus

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 01:16:49 -0700

Hi Logan,
At 23:42 18-07-2016, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>I think that it would make more sense for AQM to be deployed as a
>default on Emtel wifi plus modems, rather than their customers
>deploying an intermediate box to do AQM. The huawei box is running a
>linux firmware already. The code to do AQM is available for free on
>the internet, and it's just a matter of integration and testing
>firmware updates.
>
>This would help as the majority of Emtel wifi plus customers are not
>hardcore techies. There was a video where a customer broke down the
>Emtel wifi plus modem with a hammer.

The topic is not within my expertise. I would have to spend some
time studying the topic before I can talk about it. I don't have an
Emtel wifi plus modem to test. From what I read
http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=2209336 was implemented in
Linux. draft-nichols-tsvwg-codel-02 was written afterwards. Your
two tests show an increase in download speed (and a decrease in
upload speed). I would do more than one test if I had to suggest
anything which might affect a majority of customers.