Paper about the web ecosystem

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 03:41:40 -0700

Hello,

I read your paper about exploring the African web ecosystem. It is a
good initiative to have studies about the availability of the web
content infrastructure in Africa as it is currently not possible to
understand that given the lack of studies.

I noticed an inconsistency in your data. It is implausible that
there are 140 GGCs in Mauritius as it would mean that the
infrastructure in Mauritius is at least three times better than what
is available in the United Kingdom. The following might highlight
one of the issues which affect the ecosystem:
http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/one-km-international-travel.html Web
performance in Mauritius is, in general, slow. There has been some
improvements as people understand that what is considered as normal
is in fact slow.