Re: IPv6 address for residential customers

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2016 02:21:39 -0700

Hi Logan,
At 01:08 02-07-2016, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>I have many Internet of things devices in my network, and also do a
>lot of online gaming/voip. The quality of gaming/voip will be better
>with end-to-end connection that native IPv6 offers.

I asked a local ISP about IPv6. The feedback is that there is a plan
to deploy IPv6 to residential users. I did not ask when it will be
done as my concern was about whether my internet connection would be
affected by the depletion of IPv4 addresses.

I sent a request for IPv6 connectivity even though I am one of the
few persons on the island requesting it. It is useful to explain to
other people why it is better to make a request. I doubt that anyone
would be convinced to do that as it can be slow on Paradise Island. :-)