Re: National Innovation Framework

From: Vy-Shane Sin Fat <shane_at_node.mu>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 21:41:12 +0800

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 10:04 PM, Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu> wrote:

> Hi SM,
>
> On 18/06/16 12:54, S Moonesamy wrote:
> >
> > I read https://hacklog.mu/national-innovation-framework/ Yesterday, I
> > read about a Startup in South Africa. I also watched a video about
> > Shenzhen, China. I found them innovating. One of the interesting part
> > of the Startup was that it created much more than a web site. In
> > comparison with local web sites, it looks like companies expect web
> > developers to find the ideas. Is that why those local web sites are not
> > innovative?
> >

> I was having a discussion with a colleague today and he tossed the words
> "creative director". Are web developers expected to be creative directors?

Not if you go by how the industry usually describe their staff. Generally
there are two streams: Creatives and engineers. Creatives are designers.
Engineers are developers. A web developer is in the engineering stream.

A creative director is a senior designer. Someone who might set the
creative direction of a project, which then gets executed by the designers.
The equivalent on the engineering side would be a development lead.