World Telecommunication and Information Society Day workshop

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 01:38:53 -0700

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank the National Computer Board for its invitation
to attend the World Telecommunication and Information Society Day
workshop. Ms Chooromoney asked for feedback at the end of the workshop.

In my opinion, the workshop was an improvement from last year as
there were questions from the audience. The presentations were, at
times, too textbook-oriented and there is a reliance on data from
other countries. The lack of local data (and local information)
makes it impossible to assess what is happening in Mauritius. In my
opinion, it puts a local entrepreneur interested in starting a new
business at a disadvantage.

I would like to thank the member of the ICT Advisory Council for
taking into consideration the internet access problem affecting
internet users in Roche Bois. There was also a question about
latency. The following might be of interest to the National Computer
Board: http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/one-km-international-travel.html

The debate initiated by a member of the ICT Advisory Council about
smart cities was interesting. I was surprised to hear that an
official from a bank and several persons from the audience has
similar opinions about smart cities.