Amendments to Copyright Act 2014

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 04:47:45 -0700

Dear Sir/Madam,

A news article in Le Mauricien mentioned that the Ministry of Arts
and Culture is working on amendments to the Copyright Act
2014. During a workshop about Open Data, I mentioned to an official
of the World Bank that there was an problem (
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2015/06/2244.html
) in respect to copyright and the official agreed that it was an problem.

I would be grateful if the Ministry could look into the problem as it
affects the implementation of the Open Data Initiative.