Re: Des menaces contre une famille sur Facebook

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 10:10:36 +0400

Hi SM,

On 05/02/2016 11:20 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> There is a counter on a well-known web site which displays 508 days. Is
> it useful to make the above request when there isn't any right of access
> to information?

The counter on the mentioned website is one way of putting pressure on
the authorities. A well formed request by the Mauritius Internet Users
would be another way of adding pressure. Unless different forces mount
pressure on the authorities, we shall not see any Freedom of Information
Act (FOIA) in the near future.

A few days ago I mentioned about FOIA in a post on Linkedin
(https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/freedom-information-act-make-mauritius-smarter-ish-sookun)
while tossing my opinion on Smart Cities. A Freedom of Information Act
would help in measuring achievements of a ministry, so I believe.

I drink coffee and manage Linux servers for lexpress.mu.