Re: FW: Complaint: Illimited access to internet.

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 19:56:26 +0400

Hi SM,

On 05/02/2016 04:32 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> [...] Can the ICT Advisory Council provide some advice about the word
> "unlimited" in respect to the advertising internet services for
> residential users?

I cannot speak for the ICT Advisory Council. I can however share the
Consumer Protection Unit experience with other members of the ICT
Advisory Council.

Personally though, I feel the word unlimited does not make anymore sense
in internet advertising. We have surpassed the days of dial up
connections when internet usage was measured in units of time. As we
talk of internet now, we would measure it in bandwidth usage and since
the Internet Service Providers cannot guarantee unlimited bandwidth they
should not also confuse the customer in units of time.

Cheers,