Re: Security implications

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 20:47:23 +0400

Hi SM,

On 03/09/2016 12:25 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> I found
> https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/overseas-business-risk-mauritius/overseas-business-risk-mauritius
> after reading your email. The following is under "Business Environment":

Thanks for the link. It's a shame that the Mauritius Police Force
continues an abuse of "provisional charge" while it's been raised at the
UN International Human Rights Council.

> A large company stands to lose more if does not assess the security
> implications carefully. It might be viewed as negligent if the company
> based its decision on the assumption that there isn't any problem as
> everyone else is doing it.

Okay. I understand it now. In my case, my ssh keys were revoked by my
employer when I was arrested.

> I'll use free WiFi as a service to customers as an example. Is a
> license required to offer such a service? Which security measures does
> the company have to implement?

There is no license required to offer free WiFi as per my knowledge. I
have never come across any security recommendation or guideline by local
authorities with regards to WiFi access. In fact, when I owned a
cybercafe at Flacq, on a few occasions I had the visit of "brigade des
mineurs"
(http://police.govmu.org/English/Organisation/Units/Pages/Police-Family-Protection-Unit-.aspx).
They visited the cybercafe but never complained about any lack of
security measure. I suppose if there were any shortcoming, they would
have told me.

- I blog at HACKLOG.mu.